Saturday, 28 February 2009

Same Difference

No, not the pop superstars... The annoying phrase. Here is a little something I thought up that means nothing when I was bored and stressed/over anxious/just a loser as I am in general:

I used the cursed two word phrase 'same difference' the other day and a friend pulled me up on it and asked : 'can you have the same difference between two things, as there is only 1 difference?'

This got my brain going in that kind of graduate eccentric backward logic, so I tried to create a scenario where this is true:

- The difference between 1 and 3 is two. That is the only numerical difference between them unless you want to assume maths is cyclic and you can go from 3, through infinity, and back to 1 from -infinity.. (although you can have different values of infinity anyway: read Fermat's Last Thereom) Anyway..

- The difference between both : 1 and 2, and 2 and 3 is one.

- the same difference of the difference between 1 and 3 is two, then? because from two the difference is the same to both 1 and 3 but two is the difference between them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give generously